Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Exchange 2003 eseutil

Originally Posted April 24th, 2009 by mrfrerichs

I had an interesting morning today. When I got to work there was a note on my office door saying email and the website was down, and in fact they were. They both exist on the same physical server. So, I rebooted the server. The website and email came back up, but the Public Folders did not. Further checking revealed that the Public Folders Store was unmountable. So, I tried to run eseutil to diagnose and hopefully fix the issue. However, it did not work. I got the jcb.dll error. So, I copied the corrupt database files pub1.edb and pub1.stm to my desktop machine along with Eseutil.exe, Ese.dll, Jcb.dll, Exosal.dll, and Exchmem.dll into a new folder on C:\. I then ran eseutil /p on the files and it made the fixes. I then copied them back over to the Exchange server and attempted to mount them. It was now able to do so. All seems well for now. I plan to reinstall SP2 to try and fix the jcb.dll error, but not until this weekend sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment