Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Lightspeed Update

The Lightspeed Security Agent is fully deployed throughout the network. The last thing left to do is the SAAVEx agent on the Exchange server. This step is proving a little more difficult than the rest. Every time I install it, the SMTP and IIS servers keep crashing. I have put a call into technical support, and as always, they returned my call very promptly. However, because of a blizzard and a personal day I have yet to get back to them to work on the issue.




The deployment of the standard Security Agent went very smoothly, and it is now fully deployed throughout our network. The information these agents are providing us is proving very enlightening. I think the Suspicious Search Engine Queries is my favorite piece. It has led to some interesting conversations with some students and to some suspension of Internet privileges for a few students.



Overall Lightspeed Total Traffic Control has been a very big success. The more I use it, the more I learn it, and the more useful it becomes. I am extremely happy with the district's purchase of this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment